Builders Exchanges were formed over 100 years ago by contractors so they could exchange information, work on industry issues and have a place for all contractors to access blueprints and specifications for bidding .
Those local planrooms are now physical and virtual!
- Local planrooms: Subscribers can view bidding documents in Chico and Yuba City. Rarely are documents given to us in paper form; everything is digital. In the physical planrooms you’ll be looking at the job on a computer. We are happy to print out pages for your in-planroom use.
Our main planroom is in Chico at 951 E. 8th Street, 1/2 mile west of Highway 99. In it you'll find:
- Friendly staff
- Safety materials and employment posters
- Reference books: codes, laws, construction publications and forms.
- Documents for jobs out to bid for plans subcribers. Blueprint copies made for purchase
- Forms, blueprint copying, T-shirts and sweatshirts all for sale
- Wireless internet, quiet workroom, group meeting room, copy machine
- Fresh coffee, cold water and clean restrooms
Our satellite planroom in Yuba City is in the office of Lamon Construction. The address is 871 Von Geldern, Yuba City. There, too, you can look at jobs on the computer and have pages printed for your in-office use or for purchase.
Virtual Plan Room Network: Save gas, save time by subscribing to our Virtual Plan Room online. The Virtual Plan Room makes bidding more efficient, more productive and more profitable. Find jobs around the corner or around the state.
Search for jobs by location, title, type of facility, public/private and more.
- View scope, documents, addenda, location, and owners. See who else is looking at the plans.
- Do online takeoffs using a variety of measuring tools software.
- Get contact information for bidding General Contractors and subcontractors.
- Solicit bids by contacting trades viewing the job or doing similar work.
- Statewide listings.
- Order plan sheet copies.
- Highest standards in the industry for posting documents and addenda.